June - the season of premiers

I feel like May's just dragging its feet now and I am waiting for June to come around with its extensive list of tv show premiers that I am longing to dig my feet into. I want it now, please!


Feel Good 4th of June

I binged this in a day when it came out on netflix last year. It wasn't the plan but there were only 6 episodes and they all went by so quickly. One of the few shows that I watch that has women at the forefront of queer stories. We've made progress when it comes to representation, but as it stands, not enough, and not when it comes to recognising bisexuals, lesbians and gender non binary people for example. But I love this show because it is messy and sad but also so unbelievably funny and romantic at times that it can't be anything other than a must watch show. I enjoyed this immensely and I always find it inspiring when shows deal with the subject matter of women over 30 and their issues. Like Fleabag which  I absolutely love, this one is similar. It's also about anxiety, gender identity and addiction and it could be a show bogged down adding the depressive aspect of all these things. Instead it's charming, heartwarming and uplifting too and it makes my heart soar that it was so well received. I hope I will like this as much as I did with season 1!

Feel Good can be seen on netflix

Loki 9th of June

OK, so Wandavision was a JOY, Falcon and the Winter Soldier was a hit and miss, and this, well it looks bonkers in the absolute best way!! I sure am excited. Hiddles as Loki is as always a joy to watch and ever since we met the god if mischief back in Thor I have loved him. I think Loki is actually canonically queer in the comics, I'm not expecting much in that regard of the show but in terms of chaos and madness I am here for it. It's going to interesting to see whether Loki is going to pose as some sort of villain or if it's time for him to be a hero or something in between. This is the Loki of the past, so not the changed and much kinder man he is in Thor Ragnarok, but more of the evil and unhinged version we meet in The Avengers. I know absolutely nothing about this show, other than the fact that it seems to be about time and time travel and Loki is sticking around to create chaos. Well sign me up, I can't wait to sink my teeth into it. 

Loki can be seen on Disney+

Love Victor 11th of June

Okay I have already talked about this show in a previous post but ah this is my jam all the way. Cute, sweet, heartfelt in the format of a romcom with adequate teen angst, right up my alley. Season 1 was just really good and needed and I'm expecting season 2 to have more drama and heart which will give me all the feels. There are lots to look forward to in this show, but particularly of course Victor and Benji's relationship, as much of season 1 was spent on Victor trying to figure out himself and the issues that brought out, rather than him and Benji as a couple dealing with those issues, separate and together. Coming out is just one step and I'm excited to see a show that focuses on how it is to deal with the same set of issues and new ones once they get the person they wanted to be with. I feel coming out was just the first step, now a whole new journey will be paved and I am so here for it.

Love Victor can be seen on Hulu

Lupin 11th of June

Who knows if I'd spent time watching this show was it not the fact that it was french. I don't watch many foreign language shows *I say as I check this list and see there are 3 things on it none english*, but this I feel we've all seen when it's English spoken. 

But Omar Sy is just magnetic, I swear he brings the fire in every scene he's in and I do love a show set in a non english country with a criminal with a heart of gold. It's fun and it's clever and entertaining and the last season ended on a cliffhanger I'm excited to see resolved. We do love it when the criminals go after the capitalistic assholes and it's a perfect show for summery nights to be enjoyed. 

Lupin can be seen on netflix

Élite short stories June 14th/Élite June 18th 

I probably won't watch season 4 of Èlite this year. In season 3 many of my favourite characters decided to leave and the show has unfortunately gotten progressively worse as it has gone on. That's a shame. Season 1 was just the right amount of stylised, sexy, dramatic, queers and murder and it got massive and then it kind of lost me. Season 2 I liked, because Carla and Samu were great and it made me stick around for them. Season 3 was just all over the goddamn place and it made some strange choices and rather than actually having the couples that were loved spend time together, they gave them unnecessary drama and sucked the joy out of it. I will keep an eye out for this show on the socials and if people like it then maybe I might reconsider.

All that said, these two I goddamn adore. Nadia and Guzman!!! They own my heart. Their ending was bittersweet and while a part of me is convinced he would have left Spain to come with her to America, they couldn't do it because, well I guess dramatic reasons. Though they have, after they announced that Mina El Hammani would leave the show, decided to create something called short stories, which I know very little about, other than that they will all air the week before the premiere of the show and that these two might finally get some closure!!! AH yes. Therefore I probably won't watch the actual show because it will probably ruin these two forever.

What I am hoping for is that they decide that ten years from now they will both meet up again and decided what to do about their future, until then they are 'free' to do what they want. That way it would excuse everything Guzman does in the future seasons and they can still be endgame and happy.  

Élite can be seen on netflix


Maschile Singolare 4th of June

I randomly stumbled on this film on Giancarlo Commare's instagram. He played the Italian version of William from Skam (who was one of the worst character ever in the show) called Edoardo and fuck me the Italian Noora season was incredible. Edo and Ele had amazing chemistry and all the awful characteristics of William were either scraped or reworked into nuanced issues carried out by a boy who had undealt trauma and suffering simmer underneath the surface. I loved that season and I shipped them so hard. 

Anyway, yes the film. I don't know many Italians films that deal with queer subjects. There probably are a few and I only found this because I happen to follow him. But it looked cute and fun and a story set in Italy with a gay guy having to date, I feel it's unusual enough that it warrants some watching on my end. There was no subs for the trailer so I have little clue to what this is actually about, other than a guy getting dumped and forced to go back to working and dating again after some time off the market. I hope it's good!

0 kommentarer