The future of Marvel makes me optimistic

Oh yes, but I'm nothing if not an optimist deep down. You just have to dig throughly through all the cynism and disappointment towards everything and everyone to find me.

No but it's been so long, the pandemic has ruined so much, none the least cinema. The last time I saw a marvel film was End Game... it's sad. 2020 should have been a great year, instead it was a disappointment for all, lol. The Disney shows have been promising, teasing what's to come but I've not yet had that extremely fuzzy feeling of excitement in my chest, until now.

Lo and behold the reason why
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Spiderman No way home
trailer


Look at this beast of a trailer, there is so much going on. It feels huge and the ramifications it's going to have in the MCU going forward feel big again. Partly due is the nostalgic reason of it. I spy Doctor Ock and the hot rumours around this, Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Willem Defoe, Charlie Cox aka the two other Spideys from different universes, the green goblin and Daredevil, ah it's a lot. Is it all going to be true? Who knows, it's exciting anyway.

Watching this trailer I feel very much like breaking out my tinfoil hat and wear it out and about proudly. Because much of this is mystery which I love and it's probably a deliberate mystery which is what I hope it will keep being all the way to the release date.

One of my biggest questions are - is that really Doctor Strange? Does he not seem so off? I don't understand why the version of him that we know would cast that spell for Peter. It feels unrealistic, odd, weird and strange (oh yes pun intended). I'm not sure what it is but I am suspicious. Phase 4 just generally feels, well I guess different, the multiverse introduction opens up so much and the directions it could take, it feels major. And I don't know what to expect.

So does this mean Mephisto confirmed? Or is this a variant of Doctor Strange or is it evil Doctor Strange? Yeah no clue but I love it and I am so very much excited about this.

Shang-Chi the legend of ten rings


I am genuinely excited about this film. The reviews seem overall to be very positive and this is what Marvel should be about - representing all of us. 

Of course it's taken too long for there to be an all Asien led superhero film, way too long. And this feels about time. This is what I mean when I say that Marvel makes me optimistic, because phase 4 really feels like a period where they are opening up for a different type of era of superhero films. Kevin Feige seems to finally be able to want to do something good at the helm. No, but I remain positive and I actually like the way this looks. The stunts look great, the story while somewhat conventional has the opportunity not to be and Awkwafina is going to be a hoot because she always is. The cast in this is pretty epic, Tony Leung (HELLOO) Michelle Yeoh (HELLOO) and newcomer Simu Liu who seems to carry all that superhero karisma. I think it's going to be so good!

Eternals


All of the teaser material for this look epic too. I mean the cast is actually incredible and it's difficult to look at this and be like 'well who do I actually like the most?'. It has my all time fave Angelina! But it also has goddamn Gemma Chan and Kumail Nanjiani who I adore. It's hard to know what this is actually going to be about and there is a risk of this feeling too cgi heavy at time which is always going to be a struggle for Marvel. That said this is mysterious but it looks big and epic and it's an assemble movie which I feel we're lacking a little bit after the avengers. Is it going to be top 5 MCU films? Probably not. But I feel this doesn't matter like at all because we are what? 24 films in now, it doesn't need to be top 5 to still be a hoot.


I guess my well noted affection for Marvel have actually been pretty absent on this blog for some reason. That's odd as I am a HUGE fan. Anyway this was supposed to go out on the 25th of August (LOL) but I forgot and I have since then actually seen Shang Chi (it was GREAT)




0 kommentarer