Small tv reviews


Love Victor season 2

There is a part of me that thinks that I should write an in-depth version of this, because it deserves it. It's just that when it comes to this season I find myself lacking words which is pretty uncommon for me. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of things about this season that I adore! And there is nothing I hate either, absolutely not, it's just that the words that I am lacking are still a little bit of a jumbled mess in my head that they are hard to make sense of. It does feel very important that this is a season that highlights the continuation of a coming out. So many queer shows just end there, where the coming out is somewhow the key that magically fixes everything, honestly, it doesn't. And this is the fall out of that. Michael Cimino is so good and so compelling and he owns every scene he is in. Giving Felix more screen time to develop his character is a great choice and I found myself the most affected by what he went through. Mia, my heart and my poor girl deserves so much better! The narrative choices for Benji though feel like they underserve him somewhat and towards the end I did really struggle to see Benji and Victor as a couple in the future which made me sad. Introducing Raheem, confirming Lake as bi the important conversation about queer identity and how to be an ally, yes yes great stuff!! 
So yeah, it's a season full of love and friendship and heart with the message of never giving up on your friends and those you love. But to also demand better for yourself because whether you are queer or not, you deserve it. The ending is annoying but this show has my heart and all of my support. I can't wait to watch more of this!

Streaming device: Hulu (or Dinsey+ and Starz play) 


Ted Lasso

I should have watched this show last year when it aired, I am hitting my head against the table because I am so silly... well I have made amends and joined the fandom just in time for season 2 to kick off. God this is the show of the year for me, well probably. Nah it is, it is the show of the year, or at least one of them because it makes me feel so damn good. I get giddy and all mushy inside thinking about this little gem. It makes me want to be a better person! God it's ridiculous but this show is just so goddamn addictive, like what did they put in it??? I love it when TV makes me feel a lot of things, I particularly like said TV when it has a bunch of characters where I root for every single one of them because I believe that they can be their best selves if the just listen and learn and grow. The set up is about football, but it's about so much more! It's funny and it has endearing characters and beautiful moving moments and the beauty of friendship and man it teaches you to be a better person. It might not have the strongest first episode but it takes revenge on that and by the end you just never want it to end because the 40 minutes spent with these characters are the greatest 40 minutes of happiness you'll feel watching a tv show. Ah I am so excited to get back into it this very week!

Streaming device: Apple TV

Loki

Ahhh wow. Loki has climbed to the top of my favourite Marvel tv shows this year. This is dope! Tom Hiddleston is on form, he's charming, funny as hell, wears facial expressions that comes for your heart and he's having the time of his life. So am I. Well no okay I have some issues with this show, some writing decisions taken that makes me very annoyed. I might do an in-depth review of this but yeah let's leave it at that. This what I am going to write now is a spoiler though so look away! Ok, the whole queer non binary thing, it's great but it's also a bit meh. To me it just feels meh and you know how I love queer storylines, this to me just feels a bit redundant, in a small format tv show where they probably won't ever go anywhere with. It makes me feel disappointed... That said there are some great character work here and I really felt for Loki towards the end, the journey he has gone on, so much growth it makes me squeal! And there shall be more. Glorious purpose indeed, to watch season 2 of Loki. 

Streaming device: Disney+


Feel Good season 2

Oh man what a rollercoaster of a season this was. It took me some time to get through it but once I did I felt very happy we got some closure. I was rooting for Mae and George this whole season because I wholeheartedly felt that they did want to be together and really learn from their past mistakes. They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and they mess up but damnit if it aint love, to always work to be a better version of yourself, well maybe that's a problematic statement?? Hm... well yeah.  I love that there are discussions of not wanting to label one self because it is so important, the sexual assault storyline was heartbreaking and Mae Martin is so good at writing how it feels to suffer trauma and then having to move past it without having the tools to. There's a lot of found family in here, some silly humour and cringey moments and beats that hit just right, sucker punch you to the gut with heartbreak. I loved the ending, I really did! This is a little gem of a show, go watch it! 

Streaming device: Netflix



Okay so Never have I ever season 2 is now out. Gotta go run watch it!

0 kommentarer