Line of Duty season 1 review


I am as surprised as most, but yes I did watch a tv show, a whole season even in less than a week. This season only had 5 episodes though so it didn't take long and when I watch things with other people I really can't find excuses not to continue, which is my biggest issue to date, the motivation to keep watching literally anything. 

But this I did watch and liked it I did. I wasn't mesmerised like I expected to be because people have been praising this show to the skies recently. Also everyone is watching it too at the moment because the latest season is now airing so it's a little bit of a perfect time to join the train too. But amazing it wasn't, good sure and I hope it keeps getting better. I want them to go after really bad corrupt cops because this season, while interesting and containing some really good acting, I felt the case was in a way just building towards something bigger for the future seasons. But I do appreciate a show that starts in one direction and then ends up in a completely different one. This did that for sure and I like the characters. It took a while to get more of Steve, the three first episodes he was literally walking around, sitting down for interrogations and looking things up on his computer, but it got better after a while and the man had some action. 

I also want the line the show is famous for from Hastings 'my job is to catch some bent coppers', that hasn't been shouted yet, I'm still waiting man. 

Anyway, a friend told me season 2 is the best and the tensest, and it's that tenseness, edge of the seat kind of feeling I want out of this. There is a scene in this that gave me that feeling, but apart from that I wasn't super surprised about the curveballs they threw at me, so I am hoping for more. I don't tend to review shows like this, but because it's supposedly going to get better I feel a;

⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 are in order and then as we go along those stars will hopefully become more.


My job now is to convince my mother to watch the rest, she's the kind of person only to watch one season and then stop which makes absolutely no sense to me. If you commit, you commit 100%, nothing less.


So I shall go do that right about now while I on the inside jump up and down about 911 Lone Star coming back late tonight and that Shadow and Bone starts on Friday, a good week ahead. 

0 kommentarer