2021 reading and Backman

 


For 2021's reading I am definitely continuing my through Fredrik Backman's backlog. I finished 2020 off strong by reading Anxious People/Folk med Ångest and as usual it did not disappoint. He just has a certain way with words, making each sentence feel so emotive and visual. And he always writes books about complicated people. I love it.


Reading goals 2021

❂ Read less tragedies - I need to even out this whole 'books that render me an emotional mess' thing I got going for me. To be honest 2020 was either the perfect year for reading those kinds of books as the fictional characters' life were undoubtedly worse than mine or it was the worst year for it as the escape I was longing for wasn't exactly provided as they instead threw me into a world way worse than my own which just made me feel worse. So, 2021, balance is key.

❂ Read outside of my comfort genre. Meaning: read more sci-fi and fantasy, and also actually some romance. When it comes to tv and film I am definitely an all around gal in terms of genre, with books I am less so. I think it's because I've spent a long time now not reading enough, or at least so inconsistent that I have had no grasp of what I actually really like and it's been hard finding a balance between each genre. Instead I tend to get deeply consumed into one thing and then never explore above and beyond that. 2021, maybe the year for changing it? 

❂ It's time to read some non fiction. I am useless in this area, and I know there are some really good non fiction books out there. A Promised Land by Barack Obama is definitely on my list for this year but I need to expand on that front, so I might try and sink my teeth into at least one other biography or something similar. I shall do some research and see what it will be. 

❂ Read at least one Swedish book a year. I admit, I am bad at reading books in my native language. I have issues with Swedish, okay? haha don't come for me swedes. I just find it to be quite a poor and unexpressive language and I always struggle with finding it engaging. We've made a market here in Scandi, the crime novels and tv shows, scandi-noir, lol it's such a pretentious name I think, but crime has never been my jam so I'm not on board this train really. But I always try to at least read one novel in Swedish a year, it's good for my own expression to know how to speak and talk in my own mother tongue.

I try not to put pressure into my reading, that will get me nowhere. But I have said to read 12 books this year and so far so good as I have gotten through 2 on my list. Ebooks man, I fly through them. 


0 kommentarer