Lost season 2 & 3 review

Ok so this was supposed to be two posts obviously, because my plan was not to start with season 3 last Friday and finish this Monday..... but ah well it was incredibly compelling and I couldn't stop so here we are. I've seen most of season 4 as about now too but it's a much shorter season so I wasn't expecting it to take that long either. 

Season 2 and 3 run by so fast that I am making it into one post because so much has bled together that I'm struggling to keep track of what happened where in the two. Ok there will be spoilers ahead because I really can't talk about this show without those, also this show is over ten years old, if you haven't seen it, well there is nothing to be done about that, other than run to your computer and do such. 

Okay so season 2 I really liked, it felt tighter, the stakes higher and a lot of the things that happened that was not connected to the main plot, aka the filler episodes didn't detract too much from everything else that was going on. The characters do some growing here and I feel they actually start to like each other like friends which was definitely something that I was missing from the first season. Some of the flashbacks are a bit messy though. In season 1 it was all about getting to know the characters a bit more and find out who they were outside of the island, so that was fine. But in both of season 2 and 3 those episodes are supposed to be connected to what the character goes through in the episode and that is definitely not always executed the best. That said there are some great character moments and season 2 introduces one of the woooooorst villains I have ever experienced. He is so creepy and weird and grows to be a real goddamn twat and I have never experienced such satisfaction as I do when he gets slapped or hit, yep that's dark but man he does my head in. 

Also yes Shannon died in season 2, that broke my heart!!!! I had a feeling she was not going to make it all the way to season 6 but she died so unexpectedly and that was so goddamn sad...They really just continue putting Sayid through heartbreak, why?? I love him and he needs a break. He continues to be my fave, ah I love that man a lot. It also makes me laugh that Lost really is a show where Jack says 'let's trust the sketchy people' and Sayid says 'no they are lying', he's been proven right more times than he has not and being suspicious of everyone in this show is what keeps you alive, both as a character but also as a viewer hahaha. In season 2 they introduce the survivors of the tail section that crashed on the other side of the island and it gave the show a bit of fresh air that 1 lacked by introducing new characters and a new set of issues. Though, it's a shame that all of them apart from Bernard is now dead ahaha. 

We get to know Dessy, he's a sweetheart and a weirdo and he and Penny are probably my favourite couple. When we meet him he's a weirdo but then as the season progress that is stripped back and the character that we met in season 2 is a different man in season 3, but much else do than all the other characters. 

Also I've lost track of it now so I will be mixing season 2 and 3 because I can't completely remember where everything fits ahah.

Ok Charlie was a dick in season 2, he's been a bit of a prick for a while now but season 2 he evolved to a dick full time, but then it got better again and him dying was honestly pretty sad. So good job writers, it did get to me a little. 

For Lost to be a show about a mystery island it's also a lot about dads being horrible and about the characters killing them, there are not a lot of good dads, except for Jin. 

What I admire about this show is that it starts off in one place and grows into being something completely different. Season 1 is about survival, that plot is pretty straightforward and it's probably why I like it the least, but 2, 3 and 4 are all so completely different and it's still not really clear to me what the island really is but then again I don't expect it to be revealed at any point either. The plot twist season 3 ended on, I'm not sure. Like it's HUGE of course, but I found I wasn't that interested in it for some reason. I don't know why that is, maybe because we've spent such a long time wanting to get off the island only for when it does happen it's all shit. Season 3 was fascinating with The Others, more about Ben who is still the biggest twat ever and Juliet who is a sneaky sweetheart. I must say though that being almost done with 4 already, that one feels distinctly different to the other 2, it's shorter which means it's tighter, almost all episodes have tension and stakes in them and stuff happens and things move forward constantly. But it raises a lot of questions too that makes me confused and the flash forwards haven't interested me as much until now, the last 4 episodes really.

Okay that was some talk about season 4 which I hadn't planned, but everything bleeds together and I am gonna put a stop to it here so I can run away and finish season 4 asap. 

0 kommentarer